What We Collect
Personal Information, including but not limited to name, date of birth, city, province, country, address, postal code, gender, email address, phone number, school, year of study, program, courses you have enrolled in, and courses are currently enrolling in. We refer to this information as “Personal Information.” Your personal information such as your username, password, email, and other information related to providing you services through the Websites will also be collected when you create an account through the Websites.
Device Information when you visit the Websites, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. As you browse the Websites, information about the individual web pages or services that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Websites, and information about how you interact with the Websites.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier; For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Websites, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps; and
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Websites.
Payment Information when you make a purchase with us. To process transactions, we or our business partner(s) who process payment transactions on our behalf may collect your billing or other financial information. Please be advised that we do not store your payment debit or credit numbers.
Demographic and Other Information when you make a purchase with us. These include your income, lifestyle, or household information, and information regarding your interests and preferences.
How We May Use Collected Information
We use the Personal Information that we collect generally to:
– Provide, maintain, and improve our services, including to monitor the usage of our services;
– To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of our services. The personal information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the services that are available to you as a registered user;
– To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation;
– To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
– For business transfers: we may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our service users is among the assets transferred;
– To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us;
– Improve the quality and design of the Websites; and
– For other purposes: we may use your information for other purposes, such as administration, record-keeping, research, analytics, data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, services, marketing and your experience.
We use the Device Information that we collect to:
– Help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address); and
– Improve and optimize our Websites (for example, by generating analytics about how our users browse and interact with the Websites.
When We Disclose Information
We may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, and/or functionality on the Websites.
We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
We reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations, to prevent or investigate possible wrong doings in connection with our services, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of our web site, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Bluekey Education, our users or others.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, it makes commercially reasonable efforts to secure our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then it may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on the Websites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us.
Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Websites, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You can review and correct the information about you that we keep on file by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy of Children
Our services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If We become aware that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
In the Event of Acquisition, Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Bluekey Education is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.